National Needs Analysis Report on Research & Innovation Management and Implementation in Vietnam
One of the first activities of the ENHANCE project was to conduct a in-depth needs analysis on Research and Innovation (R&I) management and implementation in Vietnam. The main objectives of this activity were:
- To conduct an in-depth analysis of the situation of Vietnam HEIs in terms of R&I management and implementation.
- To detect the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats for Vietnam HEIs in terms of management and implementation.
- To detect possibilities of the joint cooperation between HEIs and private sector.
- To define better crucial project implementation aspects: topics for training of trainers, for national workshops, round tables, etc.
The following three target groups were surveyed:
- Higher Education Institutions & Research Institutes (HE&RI): it includes academics, researchers, managers and R&I Units staff from the Universities involved in the ENHANCE project.
- Higher Education and Science and Technology authorities involving partner ministries MOET & MOST and other HE and S&T authorities not included in the project consortium.
- Private sector companies that involves entrepreneurs and managers of Vietnamese enterprises.
The study was conducted by the 6 Vietnamese project partner universities and the two Vietnamese partner ministries to 37 Higher Education Institutions, 18 research institutions, 12 Education & Training/R&I authorities and 19 enterprises all over the Vietnam country, during May and June 2016.
The ENHANCE report "Research and Innovation Management and Implementation in Vietnam" is available at our Resouces Page in English and Vietnamese.